Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Call me maybe?

My brother in law just told me that he never believed his mom when she told him girls would be waiting by their phone for his call (when he said he'd call) until he watched me anxiously waiting for a guy to text me. Story of my life. YES, I am THAT girl right now. Oh how much fun it is to be the girl waiting for someone to maybe call or text you. Key word there? Maybe. Maybe he will text you today, maybe tomorrow, maybe never. Maybe i'll look like an idiot anxiously checking my phone for something that may never be there. Maybe I'm just too excited for the possibility of something amazing that could happen. Maybe I'm just tired of everyone around me being happily in love. Yes, I am very thankful for the life I have, but sometimes the loneliness is just a little harder to deal with. Maybe it just feels like happily ever after is way too far away. The only thing I know for certain is that times like this really make me miss my best friend who always knows exactly how I feel. Oh, the struggle is so real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment